Delta Chapter's New Officers - Brenda, Connie, Carol, Sarah, and KarenSpecial thanks to everyone for making this evening a big success! I know it was a long night for everyone, but think of the memories we made.
Just to get everyone "blogging," how about sharing a memory from your initiation night? Just click the Comment section and post. It's that easy!
Just to get everyone "blogging," how about sharing a memory from your initiation night? Just click the Comment section and post. It's that easy!





Karen, my computer says you posted this at 8:32 pm.... how did you do that??? I love this blogging!!! The pictures are wonderful! Last night was long, but I always am reminded of ladies who went before me. Everytime I sing those songs, I have Eleanor playing piano in my ear. I really appreciate the traditions of Tri Kappa and I hope we never loose them.
ReplyDeleteOK...that's one thing I can't seem to figure out! I can find the place where I have the option to set the time, but my only options are foreign ones! It's driving me crazy! Actually, I posted this around midnight...late, yes, but I was anxious to get this going. I hope everyone will find this to be a valuable tool to help us stay connected.
ReplyDeleteKaren, thanks for pulling us all in to the 21st century! This should count as a Fun Committee activity, I think. Do you think it would be alright to ask Anna and other former college girls to join? Perhaps we can get them as actives some day.
ReplyDeleteKaren,
ReplyDeleteHere I am! My first post on my first Blog. The meeting last night was great! We always have the best food ever when we have our salad pitch in. I thought our random act of kindness to help the families who had lost their homes to fires, was the perfect way to reach out to those in need in our community. I am looking forward to learning more about the other new service project that might possibly be county wide. Is it available electronically?
I would also love to have a Tri Kappa Garage Sale. I have LOTS of stuff I need to donate. I have never had a garage sale, so I would have no idea where to begin to organize such an event. Will our new project need to raise some money? Wouldn't a Tri Kappa garage sale help others too? I am sure we have great items others would like to have. Just a thought....
Karen, you have done a wonderful job. This is something new to me also. I found out years after I was initiated I may be the only one that did not wear white for our combination pledge/initiation.
ReplyDeleteJust a reminder that dues for the 2009-2010 year are $31.00 for active and $8.00 for college.
ReplyDeleteI am really excited about our new blog, too. What a great way to find out what's going on in Tri Kappa and the lives of our sisters! My initiation was so long ago (Thank you for the reminder, Roxie :-) ) that I don't have many memories other than the beauty of the setting and the ceremony; however, I do have a note about BRENDA's initiation...As far as I know she was in the only class to be initiated in November rather than in the Spring. The ceremony was to celebrate the chapter's birthday (75?).
ReplyDeleteps. Great pictures, Mary! What a beautiful group of ladies!
I remember being initiated by LouAnne and how much I enjoyed the meaning of the scripts. I was so pleased to learn that so much of our foundation was rooted in the Bible. Betty Walker and I were initiated at the same time at Jan VanEmon's home. I remember giggling in her basement with Kathy Seacat.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Betty is a new grandmother and Carrie a new mom. Carrie Shinkle gave birth to Hunter James Shinkle. 6 lbs. 15 oz. I'm not sure yet if it was last night or today. Betty texted me today and I know Carrie went to the hospital yesterday.
I just wanted to say hi as well. HI.
ReplyDeleteI will send them a congratulations card from the courtesy committee!!! How many kids do they have now?
ReplyDeleteTri Kappa baby update - Carrie's labor started around 8 PM last night, 6/9 and Hunter was born at 2 PM today, 6/10. This makes 2 children - Madison & Hunter.
ReplyDeleteThis is kind of fun!! :)