Today I was getting out sweatshirts to wear for this cool weather, and when I saw my church logo sweatshirt, I thought, "Our chapter needs to make a Tri Kappa sweatshirt." If we produced a sweatshirt or long-sleeve t-shirt that wasn't the usual black and white number for sale in Cross Keys, we could increase our General Fund and be stylin', too! Think of the college shirts that are pastels or lime green/brown or have unusual graphics on them, even though that college's colors are crimson and cream. They sell.
I'm not artistic or creative, so I appeal to those who may have a good idea about how to take this idea to the production stage. What does everyone think? Would you be willing to buy a sweatshirt like this?We could produce some for ourselves only and not have to invest in an inventory, then get feedback about selling them statewide. Our church took up orders and ordered through J&S Sportwear, using a design developed by Heather Eubank Nichols.
Something to think about....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like the idea. I happen to be one of those cream & crimson people who has a grey shirt with Indiana across it in bright blue. =) We might not necessarily have to make a huge investment in shirts to sell; it was my impression that once the screen is made, we could do shirts in multiple orders. I don't think shirt / screen colors matter after that either, though it might be easier for us if we had fewer options. I think it's something worth mentioning at the October meeting, and looking into to see how much the shirts would cost to purchase & ship. I'd hate to get all this going to find we could only make a few cents per shirt unless we made them too expensive to realistically sell.
ReplyDeleteI love the idea! There's nothing better than a comfy sweatshirt on a fall day. What better way to get Tri Kappa's name out in the community? I know it's too late to have them for our upcoming fish sale day and eye screening, but those are the times we need to "be visible" and by creating/ordering now, we'll have them for our next event.
ReplyDelete