
Check your calendars!
When attending Province Workshop this Saturday, we learned that dates for inspection are extremely limited. They have shortened the time period that POs have to conduct these meetings. Consequently, the only meeting Diana had available that is on our regular calendar was the June meeting - initiation, year-end reports, and installation of new officers. We don't want that, do we?!
The next best solution was to change our meeting date. Here is the proposition. Please know that I didn't commit to anything! I told her that we would get back to her after our November meeting and after we had a chance to consult our associates. Could we move our April meeting one day later - Tuesday, April 13th rather than Monday, April 12th? Please check your calendars now! FYI - this has been done in the past to accommodate inspections. Hopefully, this is early enough to make that change. Please share your thoughts on this and be prepared to vote at the next meeting!

I have no issues with that date as far as other commitments on my calendar at this time. I will have a mandatory training in Indianapolis at some point in April (at least it was in April this past school year), but I won't know the dates of that until December at the earliest. I also think the earlier date would make things a lot easier for both us and Dianna -- she won't have to drive 2 hours back to New Harmony after our meeting that won't get out until late, and we won't have to stress about every minor detail of initiation / installation being scrutinized with our PO watching. Just my thoughts though. I'm willing to go with the majority on this one.
ReplyDeleteI think that a Tuesday in April is the best solution to the inspection problem. Surely, with 7 months notice, we can all accommodate this in our schedules.
ReplyDeleteI think the April date sounds best.
ReplyDeleteI certainly do not want to add anything else to the June meeting. However, can we assess a fine for missing inspection if it is not on the regularly scheduled meeting night? I have never been a fan of fines, but I think we may need to look into this with it being a state required meeting with the heftier fine. I vote the April meeting on a Tuesday no matter what!
ReplyDelete